Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

AMuzi wrote, on Wed, 09 Dec 2015 13:11:23 -0600:

If your area has a Tech route salesman, everything you need
is on his truck:
http://www.techtirerepairs.com/

Interesting.
Thank you for that reference.
That site has a lot of details for each fluid.

They have vulcanizing fluids and cements for example:
http://www.techtirerepairs.com/produ...luids-cements/

However, the vulcanizing cement is easy to come by; but the black
goopy final inner liner sealer (tar?) is the hardest to find on the street.

I think this is that sealer (Butyl Liner Repair Sealer):
http://www.techtirerepairs.com/produ...ments/739.html

It's made by Tech International, 200 E. Coshocton St., Johnstown, Ohio 43031,
740-967-9015, and also listed by Chemtrec 1-800-424-9300. So I will call
them tomorrow to ask where I can get small quantities and what is a suitable
substitute.

The ingredients on the MSDS don't tell me much:
50 to 100% solvent naphtha (petroleum blend), light

Does anyone on this newsgroup know of any commonly available substitute
for this black goopy inner liner sealer?