Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

clare wrote, on Wed, 09 Dec 2015 18:14:41 -0500:

Sure you CAN do it - but does it make any sense - and should you -
when you can have it repaired free by someone who does it every day
and is insured if he screws up??

I fix virtually all my own stuff too - but even I draw limits

It turns out that the minimum you need to fix your own holed tire
is the patchplug and something to scrape and stitch the inner
liner rubber away (plus lineslman's pliers which everyone has).
1. Patchplug
2. Scraper/stitcher

3. The vulcanizing cement is very easy to come by.

The two sort-of-nice-to-have things are harder to come by though:
4. The smooth flute-sided carbide reamer, and,
5. The inner liner sealer

So, I'm looking for a local source for both of those (#4 & #5).
If you have a good idea where to get them, let me know.