Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

On Wed, 9 Dec 2015 04:20:56 -0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

clare wrote, on Tue, 08 Dec 2015 18:01:16 -0500:

Not so smart now, I see.

Heh heh ... you totally misunderstand the Dunning-Kruger effect.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

Better to pay somebody to do it right (particularly with safety
related stuff like tires and brakes)

Heh heh ... that's the kind of advice people give who are *not*
on the home-repair or auto-tech groups.

I didn't ruin the tire repairing it.
You simply *assumed* that because you *wanted* to assume that.

I never said that.

You clearly have an *agenda* and that agenda is apparently to tell
us that we can't repair the simplest of things like tires.

Remind me to ask Oren to tell you how we select and buy and
wind our own garage door torsion springs some day. Or how we
compress the springs on our struts to replace them.

If you want the job done right, you do it yourself.
It's not that the pros don't *know* how to do the job right.
It's simply that we do it better because we delve into the details
and we care about the results.

We're smart that way.

I guess you have to be to drive a B#mmer. Any company that would
attach the engine mounts to the block with ALUMINUM BOLTS for crying
out loud. Friend's wifes BMW had the engine fall right out of it's
mounts when the bolts broke. Dealer cost to remove and replace those
bolts? Somrthing like $1600.

It took him almost 4 hours. It's his wifes's car - he hates it but
loves his wife. He's been a racer and car guy all his life, as well as
an airplane guy (pilot and builder)