Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extending ring mains

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
Martin Bonner wrote:
On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 20:37:40 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

Modern kettles are generally 10 amps maximum.
And the 13A ones will boil quicker so there is no problem. Not to
mention that they are probably only 3kW at 240V and not 3kW with the
new fangled 230V that we now use!

Err. No we don't! The actual sockets in the UK are still 240V AC

[Snip] in which case, I'm being cheated. My multimeter shows only 239v.

My Fluke quotes 1% accuracy on that AC range.

--
*People want trepanners like they want a hole in the head*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.