Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Bonner Martin Bonner is offline

Default Extending ring mains

On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 20:37:40 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

Modern kettles are generally 10 amps maximum.

And the 13A ones will boil quicker so there is no problem.
Not to mention that they are probably only 3kW at 240V and not 3kW with
the new fangled 230V that we now use!

Err. No we don't! The actual sockets in the UK are still 240V AC (and
in continental Europe are still 220V AC). It's just that the error bars
on allowed voltages has changed (so it's something like 215-245V) - and
all equipment has to cope with that range.

(I'm pretty sure that ARW knows this, but just in case others dont...)