Posted to alt.home.repair,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 21:20:37 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/8/2015 6:21 PM, wrote:

Different brand tires of the same size, or tires with differing wear
amounts amount to the same thing. On AWD cars, and cars with dynamic
traction control, you ALWAYS replace tires 4 at a time.

Historically I've been bad about rotating tires but have done OK with
the last couple of cars. It does pay to have them wear evenly though
and now that I have AWD I'll be more vigilant.

When the original tires go I'll probably get Nokian WRG3 again. I rally
liked them on my last car.

My first car was a '53 Mercury. Only bought one used or re-cap tire at
a time as needed.

With directional tires you just switch front to back - not a full
rotate (and I've never done/liked full rotation on radial tires (or
even the old bias belted tires)

I've never replaced tires one at a time - and untill the Ranger I'd
never installed used tires. The alloy rims I bought for it (torque
thrust style Eagle Alloys) came with a decent set of Coopers that I
drove for a year, and I got a set of Hak R2 SUVs with one season of
use for a good price so I put them on for this winter. Should last me
for another 4 or 5 winters.