Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Harbor freight makes excellent tools.

"Don Y" wrote in message

I have ordered a lot of inexpensive electronic stuff direct from China
off
ebay. Surprises me how well it works for the price.

You've obviously never encountered any counterfeit components: blob of
black plastic with leads coming out of it -- but no die inside! :

Only other thing I have from them so far is an electric chain saw
sharpener.
Kind of chincey plastic, but did seem to work on the 2 chains I have
sharpened. If I was into really using the saws, probably would get one
of
the $ 100 name brand ones, but I don't saw much wood.

I use a cylindrical file and a clip on guide. Takes probably 5 minutes
to "kiss" each tooth (cutter and raker). Biggest time sink is thoroughly
cleaning the chain/bar beforehand. Biggest *risk* is taking the rakers
down to far... :

I have not gotten any components direct from China. Just a few already built
things for about $ 2 to $ 20.

For some reason I don't seem to be able to sharpen the chain saw very good
with the round file and guide. I bring it in and put it in a vise, sharpen
one side and turn it around to do the opposite tooth.. The $ 30 HF
sharpener does a much beter job for me and the saw cuts a lot beter. I
guess that if I sharpened very many chaines I could get beter at it. Sort
of like the drill bits. I use drill doctor for them. Come to think of it,
the electric sharpener was not much more than the files and guides.