Posted to alt.home.repair,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 04:38:36 -0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

clare wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 21:52:49 -0500:

What's the difference between a Bimmer and a Beemer????

Big difference.
Anyone saying the wrong word is an idiot poser.

A beemer is the bike.
A bimmer is not the bike; it's the car.

The name has a *long* history.
Anyone who says it wrong is an idiot because it means they don't
know the absolute least about the thing that they ride or drive.

It's just like if a guy says he "drives" a beemer.
Nobody "drives" a beemer.

You ride a beemer; you drive a bimmer.
You just sound stupid if you don't know the basic difference.

There is a long history on all of this.
Let me dig it up... click ... click ... google ... google ...

Here is a decent description:
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/referen...er-beemer.aspx

BTW, it doesn't matter what *you* (or I) think; it matters that anyone
who knows anything about bimmers or beemers know this, and anyone who
knows absolutely nothing about bimmers or beemers doesn't know this.

That may be location specific. Around here they can both be bimmers,
or beemers - And they are often called a lot worse!!!

Same company - so same name.