Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 04:33:25 -0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

clare wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 21:50:48 -0500:

Doesn't need any weight. All he needs is a few ratchet straps - one
on each side at the front and one at the center rear. Draw the
suspension down by pulling the body down to the alignment rack to the
prescribed level, and do the adjustments. No rocket science involved.

There are some intelligent mechanics around, you know.

This is a very clever idea, and, it fits the idea, which is to "set"
the car at the stipulated "normal ride height" (which we all agree
is nothing close to "normal") *before* you start the alignment.

Strapping the car down until the distance between the wheel well
center and the center of the wheel is the defined distance will
work.

I have never seen anyone *do* that; but I can't disagree.
It will work.

You were never in MY shop!!!
So will about 500 pounds (in addition to 18 gallons of fuel).

But, most alignment shops don't do either (from my experience calling
around). And, most bimmer owners don't even know what I'm talking
about.

You know.
But most don't.