Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extending ring mains

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The vast majority use the standard kettle connector. Rated at 10 amps.

Most kettles I've seen lately have the lead wired direct to the base
plate with no IEC connector, just a "coax docking" connector ...

Yes - and they're generally 10 amps too.

I did look for a 'cordless' 3kW one some time ago with no success. Perhaps
they are available now?

Perhaps it all due to making a universal product - many 230v countries
have a 10 amp limit for sockets.

--
*I don't believe in astrology. I am a Sagittarius and we're very skeptical.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.