Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default Extending ring mains

On 2015-12-08, Andy Burns wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The vast majority use the standard kettle connector. Rated at 10 amps.

Most kettles I've seen lately have the lead wired direct to the base
plate with no IEC connector, just a "coax docking" connector ...

I think you & I are thinking of the "cordless" kind (the jug lifts off
the base, which is always live), whereas Dave is thinking about the
other kind --- & I think he's right about the connectors on the other
kind, although I'm a little surprised they (the kettles, that is) are
limited to 10 A.