Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Another Q on screw fixing external wood cappings

On Saturday, 5 December 2015 16:01:54 UTC, rick wrote:
On 05/12/2015 15:33, Phil L wrote:

Yes, use concrete cappings, timber won't last 18 months

That is not much use .... I couldn't use concrete cappings easily as
overhang would be too great ... in any event I have bought the wood.

Don't know why you think it will only last 18 months.
Fully pressure treated Tanalized timber plus finish coating on top will
last a lot longer than that ..........

Tanalising is not what it once was.
It used to be effective when it was arsenic based.
Then is became copper based.
Now I think it's chromium based.
Very poor now compared with the orginal.