Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 01:39:36 -0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

clare wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 18:38:42 -0500:

A 12 volt compressor or a good manual tire pump is a
lot better than canned air

I carried a 12 v compressor for years when flat tires were more
common. Never had to use it for a flat as I recall, but it came in
handy for pumping up slow leaks, and after plugging a couple tires.
I cut off the cig lighter plug and simply extended the cord with an
old 20' extension cord, and added alligator clips. Always hooked it
up directly to my battery. Small package, but slow to pump.
Prefer a foot operated pump.
Carried canned air for a while, and used it one time for a nail
puncture until I could get home and plug it.
I swear it's been 20 years since I've had a flat.