Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default sent 7 posts by mistake

On Mon, 07 Dec 2015 23:39:12 -0500, Micky
wrote:

What do you expect, its VISTA. (Piece of crap).

Maybe the three-week delay had something to do iwith Vista (though I
doubt it) but other than, I don't think it was any flaw in Vista. I
think you'll face the same problem in 7, 8, or 10, and like it or not,
I think we'll both have to upgrade from XP some day.

Do you compact it? I do that daily and it always works. I tend to save a
lot of old messages too, so it can get slow if I dont compact it.

Agent 1.93 and 2.0 are real similar. I dont know what differences there
are, except 1.93 was free.

There was Free Agent and Agent. I paid for my copy so it had more
features.

I paid for 2.0 years ago. If I want to use it
on another computer, I just copy the whole folder, and it's then
registered, and all my subscribed groups and filters are intact.

I have tried the demo versions of Agent 4.x (maybe 3.x if there was
one), and either 5.x or 6.x. All of them changed the menu. After using
this one for close to 20 years, I just find it too hard to change. I get
****ed because I keep hitting the wrong menu items. I'm happy with 2.0
and if it works, dont fix it....

Of all the operating systems, I still like Win98 the best too. I'm using
it right now. But there are no longer any web browsers that work
properly for 98, so I have to use XP for any serious web browsing, or at
least Win2000, but that too has limited browsers.

I pretty much only have 2000 installed (on my 98 machine) so I can use
my 500GB or 1TB USB drives to do backups. 98 wont run them.

I had 98 and XP at the same time, but i don't miss 98 anymore .

I'd be lost without 98. It always works flawlessly and never crashes. XP
tends to do strange things at times, like it will freeze up for awhile
and it gets slower after a few years. Plus it takes a long time to get
rid of all the crap in XP, after I reinstall it. If I was to upgrade to
anything, it would be Win7. Anything above that has no interest to me.
I'd like to try 7, before I actually use it, which is not a big deal,
since I have a spare computer that I use for storage, but I'd just
change the hard drive to test out 7, and I have spare drives, even if
they are a bit small.

By the way, it's usually the newer versions of Firefox that causes XP to
act weird.