Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

Ashton Crusher wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 18:58:06 -0700:

Wow, 60 posts on "advise to patch a tire".
Must be a very complicated repair.

To be fair, the very first response gave the right answer:
WWS TEXAS wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 08:57:48 -0800

The rest is conversation.

I'm was gonna take the wheel and tire assembly to Wheel Works
today simply because they said it would be free (I asked multiple
times because I couldn't believe it) and that it would be a
mushroom patchplug style repair from the inside.

They even do the unmounting, remounting, and balancing for that
"free" amount (I'm incredulous).

I was fully prepared to do it myself, but, free is too good to
pass up (but, I will be wary about them damaging my wheel or
not mounting the tire EXACTLY where I match mounted it previously).

So, I "may" unmount the tire myself, and then remount it and
rebalance it myself. Dunno yet if I'm gonna go that far, 'cuz
free (totally free) is really hard to beat.

I'll let you know tomorrow. I was gonna go today but when I had
to put the key in the ignition to straighten the wheels to jack
the rear up to remove the tire, I accidentally left the key in
the ignition.

Normally a bimmer goes to sleep in 16 minutes, but, apparently it
doesn't do that when the key is in the ignition. So it's trickle
charging overnight.