Posted to alt.home.repair,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

clare wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 21:56:43 -0500:

The BBS rims are no better balance wise than any quality OEM or
aftermarket alloy rim. I have Ford OEM alloys for my snows and Eagle
Alloy rims for my summer rims on the Ranger. The rims themselves all
balance out perfectly on the dynamic balancer with stems installed..

No measurable radial or side to side runout.

I wasn't saying that the BBS part was better but I easily see how you
may have construed that.

I was assuming (just guessing, really) that an expensive allow rim
would likely run truer than a cheap steel wheel.

BTW, I also tested rim runout, which is *easy* once you have a tire
changing machine and a static balancer because you can spin the rim
on the tools with a dial gauge mounted on the wall or even with a
flat wall nearby and a feeler gauge.