Posted to alt.home.repair,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

clare wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 21:52:49 -0500:

What's the difference between a Bimmer and a Beemer????

Big difference.
Anyone saying the wrong word is an idiot poser.

A beemer is the bike.
A bimmer is not the bike; it's the car.

The name has a *long* history.
Anyone who says it wrong is an idiot because it means they don't
know the absolute least about the thing that they ride or drive.

It's just like if a guy says he "drives" a beemer.
Nobody "drives" a beemer.

You ride a beemer; you drive a bimmer.
You just sound stupid if you don't know the basic difference.

There is a long history on all of this.
Let me dig it up... click ... click ... google ... google ...

Here is a decent description:
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/referen...er-beemer.aspx

BTW, it doesn't matter what *you* (or I) think; it matters that anyone
who knows anything about bimmers or beemers know this, and anyone who
knows absolutely nothing about bimmers or beemers doesn't know this.