Posted to alt.home.repair,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

On 12/07/2015 06:11 PM, Danny D. wrote:
clare wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 18:24:03 -0500:

A large percentage of tires have a significant dynamic inballance.
Some cars are not fussy about dynamic balance - others are very fussy.

I only have experience with a sum total of five (5) tires.
And, so far, they've balanced just fine with my HF static balancer.
As I said, I have BBS wheels (standard BMW issue) so maybe that plays a role.
Also, the 5 tires were all bought at the same time from Tire Rack.
Dunno if that has an effect at all (probably not).
I removed all the weights first.
I then balanced them (none needed more than a short strip of weights).
Pretty much that was it.

Car never vibrated.
If it did, I'd take it to the shop.
But it didn't.

That's the nice thing about running DOT legal knobbies on a dual sport.
Balance the tire? How could I ever tell whether it was balanced or not?