Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default How to pump the gas out of auto gas tank?

On Mon, 07 Dec 2015 11:06:27 -0800, Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:

before I reinstall it. If I have to buy a new tank, I'll probably spray
it with undercoating too.

I'm just saying I would replace the tank ASAP if I had to 'fix' it. It
would be cheaper if not safer IMO.

I dont know how you figure it would be cheaper to replace the tank. A
tank costs close to $150. A tube of JB Weld costs $5.

But yes, I do plan to fix it soon. It's not safe and it's costing me
money for lost gas, even though I dont think I'm losing much. The hole
is probably on the top or upper side, and splashing makes small amounts
leak. There are no actual drips. I only smell the gas odor after I drive
it. If it's parked overnight, there is no odor. I've been keeping the
gas level at no more than a quarter of a tank, and I carry a 5 gallon
container of gas in case I run low, bcause in this rural area, a person
may have to drive 25 miles to find a gas station, and it's even worse at
night, because a lot of small town gas stations close at 9 or 10pm or
midnight.