Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

On Mon, 7 Dec 2015 17:49:28 -0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

It's criminal what Sears does to rip off people.
Absolutely criminal.

I watch all my alignments like a hawk watching a mouse now.
Sears sucks. I will *never* ever go to Sears for the rest of my
life, and I make sure everyone knows how bad they are.

The're criminals.
I'm sorry you worked there, and I do apologize for the diatribe.
It's not your fault they are criminals. It's their fault.

end rant

I go to Sears for Craftsman tools, but I rarely buy anything else. I
dont let Sears or any of those big chain stores work on my cars. I go to
a small local mechanic if I cant fix something myself.

Many years ago, I took a car to one of those large chain stores for an
alignment. It was an old car, so they probably did not want to work on
it. They wrote an estimate to replace half the steering parts, and it
was a large amount of money. I left, and took the car home and checked
all the parts they said needed to be replaced. None showed excessive
wear, but the idler arm was a bit sloppy. I replaced the idler arm. Then
I took the car to a small tire shop that also did alignments and some
other work. They charged about $20 more than the chain store for the
alignment, but they did the work and said all the parts were fine.

I will never take another car to Sears, K-Mart, or any of the chain
stores for any repairs.

I once tried to do an alignment myself. Forget it.... I'll never try
that again.