Watson A.Name - Watt Sun

Default Transistor CS1092G in Sutton 8 transistor AM-radio ?

In article N7mlb.10095$Ec1.915173@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net, mentioned...
In article ,
mentioned...
Hello!

I'm fixing old Hong-Kong made 8 transistor SUTTON AM-radio.
I found this transistor as defective. Does anyone know what
is this transistor? I can't find anything using Google.
There is manufacturers logo which is 'F' and following type

CS1092G 177

This radio was made in 1964 so I believe this is a germanium one.

It is not a germanium, it is a silicon. Germanium transistors must be
in metal cans.

There is no requirement for germanium transistors to be in a metal case.

The germanium transistor can't be passivated like a silicon can with
metal oxide. So if it is put into a non-hermetically sealed case, it
will soon be contaminated by the case material.

One of the earliest commercially available transistors, the Raytheon CK722,
was a germanium unit, and it was available in a black epoxy case. I used to
have a handful of them in my junquebox.

The later versions of the CK722 were in an aluminum (metal) case,
which was hermetically sealed to prevent contamination. Probably
because they learned that the epoxy ones got contaminaed after a few
years.

Almost all germaniums made commercially in the U.S. were in a
hermetically sealed metal case.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 at hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@ u@e@n@t@@