Posted to alt.home.repair,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

"Danny D." wrote in message
Ralph Mowery wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 12:44:04 -0500:

Yikes! I hate Sears! I promised myself in 1981 that I'd *never* go
to Sears ever again! I tell everyone *not* to go to Sears!

Turns out, they mechanic *ADMITTED* he didn't do a thing!
He said his charts only went back 10 years and my car was 11 years
old! Can you believe that.

I should have complained to high heaven and gotten a refund.
I just let them re-align it.

I wasn't as crotchety when I was young, but I would have complained
to the district attorney or something had I been the age I am now.

It's criminal what Sears does to rip off people.
Absolutely criminal.

I watch all my alignments like a hawk watching a mouse now.
Sears sucks. I will *never* ever go to Sears for the rest of my
life, and I make sure everyone knows how bad they are.

The're criminals.
I'm sorry you worked there, and I do apologize for the diatribe.
It's not your fault they are criminals. It's their fault.

I was about 19 at the time. Just a part time job while in school.
I don't know about the quality of work, but at that store I know they did
make an attempt at doing whatever was suspose to be done, maybe others
don't.

I do know lots of places will rip you off. Local Ford dealer did to a
friend. He took a car with a V8 to get the plugs changed. It came back
with the same miss in the engine it had. They only changed 7 plugs as the
8th was very hard to get to. He went back and complained and was asked how
he knew the plug was not changed. He said because 7 were of one brand and
the hard to get to was another.

I hate that a local 'shade tree mechanic' got too old and quit. He was an
honest man and good at what he did. I had him to do several jobs for me
like changing a timing belt. He recommended a few othe things such as the
water pump as it was driven by the belt and all it was 4 bolts to do it.
Said it would not be any more labor and just his cost of the part. Bet not
many if any dealers would do that.