Posted to alt.home.repair,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

On 12/7/2015 12:15 PM, Danny D. wrote:
WWS TEXAS wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 08:57:48 -0800:

The "patch-plug" is the ideal tire repair as it combines the best
elements of the patch and plug worlds; the patch keeps the plug from
shifting out of place, and the plug helps the patch to stay secure to
the tire.

I didn't know those existed, so thank you very much for the idea!

Googling for "automotive tire patch plug" I see that the Rubber
Manufacturers Association recommends them (www.betiresmart.org).
http://www.rma.org/tire-safety/tire-repair/

I found the repair procedure he
http://artsautomotive.com/publicatio...patch-or-plug/

I found a "steelman" brand 1/8th inch tire repair patch/plug unit.
Is that a good brand?
STEELMAN JSG381 1/8-Inch Tire Repair Patch/Plug

Do you suggest any specific glues or tools that might not come
with the patchplug set?

Interesting to learn this:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=77

Wondered why it cost me $30 to get a tire repaired a few years ago.
The tire has held up well.