Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Breaking news

On Monday, 7 December 2015 13:29:51 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 07/12/15 13:00, charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
The notion that it is the warmest summer ever is probably cock anyway.
How long do we have records for - not that long. And that the Romans
grew grapes here 2000 years ago is a bit of a giveaway.

Eh? You can grow grapes outdoors in several parts of the UK. But perhaps
not the best choice of crop with transport being so quick/easy now. Which
wasn't the case in Roman times.

There are several commercial vineyards in the UK, though most seem to be
south of the Thames.

Or East Anglia

or Scotland, but I'm afraid they might deep fry the grapes.