Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default O.T. Using all thread in a cutting board project

"stryped" wrote in message
I am making my mom a rather large cutting board as she needs it.
between 2ftx2ft and 3ftx3ft. (Need to measure her counter.

It will be made of hard maple. She wants it flat (no feet) so she
can use both sides.

I was wondering if I could use 3/8 stainless all thread through it
to decrease the likelihood of warping. Or will this just cause more
problems?

If I use all thread, should I use a tap and thread the holes the all
thread goes through? Should I drill and install the all thread once
it is glued? Should I use glue on the all thread?

I will have to make this in "sections" then install the sections
together. (My planer is not big enough to plane the entire piece.

Any advice from you experts is appreciated!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded/203552993