Tweetldee

Default Transistor CS1092G in Sutton 8 transistor AM-radio ?

In article ,
mentioned...
Hello!

I'm fixing old Hong-Kong made 8 transistor SUTTON AM-radio.
I found this transistor as defective. Does anyone know what
is this transistor? I can't find anything using Google.
There is manufacturers logo which is 'F' and following type

CS1092G 177

This radio was made in 1964 so I believe this is a germanium one.

It is not a germanium, it is a silicon. Germanium transistors must be
in metal cans.

There is no requirement for germanium transistors to be in a metal case.
One of the earliest commercially available transistors, the Raytheon CK722,
was a germanium unit, and it was available in a black epoxy case. I used to
have a handful of them in my junquebox.

--
Tweetldee
Tweetldee at att dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in the