Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_4_] Muggles[_4_] is offline

Default Christmas present question

On 12/6/2015 10:12 AM, Eagle wrote:
Muggles formulated the question :
On 12/5/2015 5:55 PM, Eagle wrote:
Muggles was thinking very hard :
On 12/4/2015 5:44 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Eagle wrote:
Uncle Monster pretended :
On Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 9:40:32 AM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
KenK explained :
My sister usually buys me something and mails it to me for
Christmas. This year I was low on suggestions and only asked for
blue jeans and/or socks so far.
Now I will attempt to convince her that the best, safest way to
ship
a pair of blue jeans is to wrap them around a new laptop, the more
RAM and the bigger the HD the better. Can you think of any
convincing supporting arguments for this suggestion?

TIA

Got a XP laptop you can have for $50.00.... :')

I have a couple of XP laptops I had to hang onto because the
software
needed to access the serial console on some network and phone
systems
will only run on XP. The XP laptops also have serial ports that my
newer Vista and Win7 laptops don't have. Yea I know, USB to serial
converters but the software doesn't run on the newer machines. It
would be too much fraking around to get the software to run with an
emulator and a USB to serial converter. Sometimes it's good to hang
onto old things, I guess that's why I'm still around. (ヅ)

[8~{} Uncle Old Monster

Yes it is Uncle M....at 66, I hope to be around a little longer,
so I'm
losing the extra 60 pounds I added when I retired. At 200, I will see
70...I hope.

Hmmm,
You're junior to me by 10 years, LOL! I am hoping to see 90 so I can
watch only grand son goes to college, god willin,g attend to his
wedding...I wish. I am steady at around 165 always. almost 6 feet.

My MIL turned 90 this year and is doing quite well.

That's great! How does She feel?

She has her aches and pains, but doing OK.

My Ina made it to 88, and My Unci made 107. My Ate checked out at 58,
and I'm the last of three at 66.
I better eat more wheaties, eh?

By all means, eat a better diet!

--