Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

On 12/5/2015 10:27 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 06:45 PM, Don Y wrote:
Nope. But I've noticed that there are at least two different
processes for "coloring them" red. One appears to be a sort
of painted on coating; I wonder if they use "coating pans"
intended for pharmaceutical use?

(IME, these are usually NOT the "good" nuts)

I believe the coloring was just for that reason, to disguise inferior product.

Dunno. The ones I buy are red and definitely not "cheap"!
($19/lb) Though last time I looked at their web site
(to buy some almonds), I didn't find the red nuts listed
(but, admit that I wasn't actively looking for them)

Actually, never tasted pistachio ice cream! It just
doesn't seem like the sort of flavor that would lend
itself (well) to a "milk product".

Works for me, but tastes differ.

I prefer (homemade):
- black raspberry
- butter pecan
- almond chocolate chip w/ almonds

(storebought):
- cherry garcia
- french vanilla
- strawberry (w/fruit)

I've not been in a bar in at least 30 years. Maybe more?

That's about my time frame too although I was technically in a bar this summer
for a Steve Earle concert.

Buddy Guy back east in a similar venue! : But, I know that's definitely
more than 25 years ago (not sure if it would make the "30" mark)

I used to buy them in 5lb bags. In my rush to open and eat as
many as possible in as short a timespan as possible, I would
drop the ones that wouldn't open back into the bag.

Of course, as the bag's contents fell, the number of
"frustrations" would rise!

Cheating. I sometimes buy nuts in the shell to slow down my consumption rate.
Those 2 1/2 lb jars of mixed nuts from CostCo are just too easy.

Yeah, I've had friends suggest buying pistachio *nutmeats*.
WTF?? Totally different experience!