Posted to uk.d-i-y
JD[_9_] JD[_9_] is offline

Default Headlight (low beam) not working (Nissan Tino 1.8, 2001)

The Natural Philosopher wrote in news:n3ufbf$hn0$1
@news.albasani.net:

Thanks; I was thinking similar, but my idea is to solder a short lead
from the live side of the nearside headlight fuse holder to the
supposedly live (but not) side of the offside headlight fuse holder.
That way, I'd have a fuse between the battery positive and the
headlight. That should be a simple, effective fix, yes?

JD

.....or would that overload a relay or the healight switch?

Probably.

Its almost certainly either a duff wire
joint or the relay for that bulb

A relay would be easy to check, if I could find one. I can't find a relay
that has any effect on the working lowbeam headlight. I presume that the
two realys (one for each lowbeam bulb) would be at the same location.

Would both headlights go through a single relay, or is it more likely that
there is one for each lowbeam bulb?

JD