Posted to uk.d-i-y
rick rick is offline

Default Another Q on screw fixing external wood cappings

Week before last asked some advice on how to fix Tanalized 50mm thick
wood capping onto brick/block wall. (60m of it)

Final decision is to fit with Concrete screws ..
Frame Screws http://tinyurl.com/h9uu7yr
Managed to get 150mm length at only £13 a 100

Good suggestion I have had is to insert 5mm thick plastic spacers under
wood to keep off brickwork when damp and also allow for any
irregularities when fixing .. so may take that approach.

My question is two fold ....... first off at what centres should I put
in these fixings ... thinking that 600mm c/s may be suitable ? someone
mention 2 fixings every 600c/s but that seems a lot of screws.

I had thought about counter-bore and then plug ...... a lot of effort,
if I instead just pulled in screw to below flush and fitted a cover cap.
Such as:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/cover-caps...k-of-100/30258
Which are specifically for concrete screws .....Thoughts ?

Know of a better approach ?