Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default What medications are you most Afraid of?

wrote in message
NSAIDs and immune system suppressants are both dangerous. I had an
arthritis type inflammation problem and they tried to get me on NSAIDs
and Methotrexate. I read the warning "book" for these (it was bigger
than a pamphlet) and I threw both of them in the trash.

The docs also offered me plenty of that "legal heroin"
(oxycotin/oxycodone stuff) and I won't take that either.

I decided a little pain and some physical therapy was better than all
of the side effects of these drugs. I am fine now and remain drug
free.

I agree with that. About 15 years ago the doc had my to take the Metho and
it put here in the hospital because it just about did away with her ability
to fight off a cold. Another doc put her on the Oxy and at the same time a
nut doctor put her on 2 differant kinds of medicen that the write up at the
drug store said should not be used together. That had her fumbling around
like a drunk for about 10 years. I did not notice it too much at the time
as I was working a lot of ovretime. She just did not seem right. After I
retired I noticed what was going on and tried to talk to the doctors about
it. They did not seem to want to do anything. It got so bad she was
falling around all over the place. I finally made her go to a different doc
to find out what was wrong. After cat and mri and several other tests the
doctors said nothing wrong they could find but thought the medicene was the
problem. Got her off all that stuff and only on blood pressure medication
she had been on due to a light stroke years before the other problems.
Now she is back to the way I remembered years ago.