Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What medications are you most Afraid of?

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 11:49:41 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/3/2015 11:36 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 7:12:42 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Naproxyn is stomach corrosive. Can give you wicked
bleeding ulcers if you take them on empty stomach.
Best to take them with food, with meals.
--
.

I was very anemic and had a low red blood cell

count. Doctors gave me several blood transfusions
and squirted enough iron in me to make a box of
nails. They were trying to figure out where the
blood was going. A fecal occult blood test was done
to determine if I was losing blood due to intestinal
bleeding, it was negative. I told the doctors I was
too old to have a period but they still couldn't
figure out where the blood was going. A month later
I had a camera shoved down my throat and up my tailpipe,
hopefully in that order. It turns out that I had bleeding
ulcers in my stomach. I was taking large amounts of
naproxen sodium and that's what was responsible. My
stomach has healed and I never take more than two OTC
naproxen sodium tablets a day and it's enough to combat
the swelling in my joints without harming me. I'm going
to try two tablets every two days or one tablet a day
to see if that's enough to keep me moving but I must
have something for the inflammation. ¯\(°_o)/¯

[8~{} Uncle Swollen Monster

Yes, one more testimony of naproxyn being stomach
corrosive.

NSAIDs and immune system suppressants are both dangerous. I had an
arthritis type inflammation problem and they tried to get me on NSAIDs
and Methotrexate. I read the warning "book" for these (it was bigger
than a pamphlet) and I threw both of them in the trash.

The docs also offered me plenty of that "legal heroin"
(oxycotin/oxycodone stuff) and I won't take that either.

I decided a little pain and some physical therapy was better than all
of the side effects of these drugs. I am fine now and remain drug
free.