Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

On 12/03/2015 09:38 PM, Don Y wrote:
Asked my MD about this and he suggested jogging. WTF?! No thanks, I'd
like to keep my KNEES a while longer!!

That's my problem. If I walk fast enough for any significant cardio
effect the mechanics of walking become awkward and jogging would be more
efficient and natural. However, I never could run gently.

I *have* noticed that a few minutes with a SHOVEL is enough to bring me
well into the cardio zone! But, that's usually *work*, not "exercise"!
(how many holes can you dig in a lifetime?)

There are some motions that seem to elevate the pulse more than others.
sometimes I wear a strap type HRM in the gym and I've noticed vertical
rows get my heart rate up more than many other activities.