Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default What medications are you most Afraid of?

Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 7:12:42 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 12/3/2015 2:14 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
For the last few months, I took no naproxen

sodium,(generic Aleve) and I was having a very
hard time moving around. Tuesday, I got my pal
Stinky to smuggle in some naproxen sodium and
acetaminophen to me and taking two pills of
each every morning makes it much easier for me
to move around. I can get in and out of bed and
my wheelchair a lot easier now. It should also
make it easier for me to get my braces on and
get up in my walker. All I needed an anti
inflammatory to combat the swelling in my joints.
I can open and close my hands without my fingers
sticking closed so much. A trigger finger snapping
out when I open hand can freak out some people
when they see it. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Trigger Monster

I've found that the generic naproxyn can be useless,
I had some Berkley and Jensen that was totally
useless. The name brand Aleve works much better for
me.

Naproxyn is stomach corrosive. Can give you wicked
bleeding ulcers if you take them on empty stomach.
Best to take them with food, with meals.
--
.

When I wound up back in the hospital due to what I thought was a heart problem a year after I had a heart attack, it turned out that I was very anemic and had a low red blood cell count. Doctors gave me several blood transfusions and squirted enough iron in me to make a box of nails. They were trying to figure out where the blood was going. A fecal occult blood test was done to determine if I was losing blood due to intestinal bleeding, it was negative. I told the doctors I was too old to have a period but they still couldn't figure out where the blood was going. A month later I had a camera shoved down my throat and up my tailpipe, hopefully in that order. It turns out that I had bleeding ulcers in my stomach. I was taking large amounts of naproxen sodium and that's what was responsible. My stomach has healed and I never take more than two OTC naproxen sodium tablets a day and it's enough to combat the swelling in my joints without harming me. I'm going to try two tablets every

two days or one tablet a day to see if that's enough to keep me moving but I must have something for the inflammation. ¯\(°_o)/¯

[8~{} Uncle Swollen Monster

Kidney has a role in blood making(bone marrow) Kidneys produce a hormone
which promotes bone marrow production on our body.
And Liver makes blood, some people has a deficiency in utilizing Iron.
It is a fact, certain patient with kidney disease always fight becoming
anemic. Their kidney does not produce that hormone. There is a drug for
that(Eprex) as self administered shot(just like Insulin shot, very small
tiny needle) Quite expensive like ~60.00 a shot.