Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lithium jump-start packs (slightly OT)

In article ,
Johnny B Good wrote:
The point of this anecdote being that if a 2nd hand 12AH SLA flea market
purchase can jump start a 1.6 litre automatic, a new 12 or 15AH SLA might
be all you need to carry around in your boot in between 4 to 6 monthly
freshening charge cycles (along with a set of short jumper leads with
spade connectors for the battery terminals).

I've found with my jump start pack is it depends on whether there is
anything left in the car battery or not. It's an 18 amp.hr SLA - but not
in the first flush of youth.

And of course the state of the engine when you attempt the jump start. If
you've tried and failed because of a flat battery it might be partially
flooded - or whatever.

Which is why I'm suspicious of those ads showing the engine bursting into
life after it goes over the first compression. Life usually isn't that
simple. ;-)

--
*Real men don't waste their hormones growing hair

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.