Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

Muggles wrote:
On 12/3/2015 9:22 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/02/2015 11:15 PM, Muggles wrote:
I've been doing some exercises since it started hurting, and it actually
seems to be helping.

I'd started using trekking poles. While they helped for a while I became
concerned that they might be counterproductive by ultimately reducing
the strength of the supporting musculature so I stopped using them for a
while. I'll use them this winter but that will be for avoiding falls on
icy trails rather than just habitually grabbing them.

Last year I was very sick and lost all muscle tone in both legs, so
starting around the middle of January this year I had to work to regain
my legs back, and it's taken a while to get the muscle tone and strength
back, but I hadn't worked as hard on strengthening my knees. I guess I
thought they were fine, but this little injury was a wake-up call to pay
more attention to them for sure.

Also don't forget circulation issue. Taking L-Glutamine(most common
amino acid in our body) capsules or powder helps muscle recovery from
fatigue.