View Single Post
  #93   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 3:56:23 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 23:14:17 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 12:05:40 AM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 12/2/2015 9:51 PM, bob haller wrote:
I was about 4 years old, when my grandpa let a extension ladder up at our dining room window. he went to get stuff to complete the job.

i was still wearing those had baby shoes and climbed the unattended ladder to look for a toy that somehow ended up in a rose bush under the dining room window..... i remember my one and only ever look in that window from the outside.

my mom found me on that ladder and screamed a lot..

i think this made me afraid of heights, although I have done roof work on my own home. and a good bit of ladder work.

I hurt my knee bad when i was 40, and at 58 am having trouble walking. and need a knee replacement.

so ladder work is kinda out of the question these days.....

Last week I sprained/strained my right knee and haven't the slightest
idea of how I did it. I just woke up last Weds morning and it was sore,
then it started popping, and it started hurting. My husband has been
through 2 knee surgeries and I really didn't want to do that myself, so
I began wrapping and icing it (initially), and then I upped my daily
intake of glucosamine. I took ibuprofen, and kept wrapping it with an
ace bandage, but the last couple of days the pain has almost
disappeared, and it only occasionally will POP when I move it in an odd
direction. I'm sure hoping it'll keep healing up on it's own.
--
Maggie

For the last few months, I took no naproxen sodium,(generic Aleve) and I was having a very hard time moving around. Tuesday, I got my pal Stinky to smuggle in some naproxen sodium and acetaminophen to me and taking two pills of each every morning makes it much easier for me to move around. I can get in and out of bed and my wheelchair a lot easier now. It should also make it easier for me to get my braces on and get up in my walker. All I needed an anti inflammatory to combat the swelling in my joints. I can open and close my hands without my fingers sticking closed so much. A trigger finger snapping out when I open hand can freak out some people when they see it. ?(€¢?€¢)?

[8~{} Uncle Trigger Monster

The problem with anti-inflamatories like motrin etc is they put my
blood pressure up.

I take no more than two tablets of naproxen sodium a day but I'm going to try one tablet a day to determine if that's enough. I hate drugs but I must have some of them to stay alive. I'm given a handful of the despicable pills every day. ï¼¼(ï½€0´)ï¼

[8~{} Uncle Pill Monster