Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

On 12/03/2015 04:16 PM, Don Y wrote:
It's not just exercise. I (rapidly) walk 4 miles/day. I.e., "exercise".

What is needed is exercise that strengthens the muscles and ligaments
surrounding the knee, "holding it together".

5 or 6 miles up and down a mountain will do the trick even if the trail
isn't too gnarly. Throw in some rocks for an additional workout and
balance improvement.

I walk a mile or two at noontime but it's not that great for cardio. On
level ground I have a problem getting my heart rate up above 120 bpm and
to do that I have to get up close to 4 mph, which is well above my
natural pace.