Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

On 12/3/2015 2:54 PM, wrote:

I have a knee that will occasionally "stop working". I've
learned that simple leg lifts with a 2 pound weight on my
ankle make a world of difference!

The problem is maintaining the discipline to do them all
the time -- not just when it acts up (which is "too late")

Had the meniscus in my left knee torn about 40 years ago - had it
fixed 30 years ago. Why I waited 10 years? Back then they had to
dissassemble the knee to fix it. I had one of the first arthroscopic
procedures in our area.

Thankfully, I've not mangled anything *too* badly to need
surgery -- despite my apparent disregard for my body's
"care and feeding" instructions.

But, as I get older, I notice more "little things" that never
used to bother me. "Ah, yes... that's the knuckle I jammed
playing ball as a kid!" "Hmmm... that elbow never ached
previously!" etc.

So, when I started feeling "twitches" in that knee while walking,
it wasn't something I just dismissed -- as I might have when younger.
Or, if it "suddenly" gives out -- for no apparent reason...

Getting old is not for the faint of heart!