Posted to uk.d-i-y
JD[_9_] JD[_9_] is offline

Default Headlight (low beam) not working (Nissan Tino 1.8, 2001)

Car electrics... gha!

The offside low beam headlight on my Noosan Tino 1.8, 2001 has stopped
working

I checked the single-filament bulb. It's fine

I checcked for voltage to the connectors. There is no voltage at the
connectors when the headlights are switched on.

I found two 15A fuses. one labeled headlight/L and headlight/R. They appear
fine and I swapped them over and there was no difference.

The Haynes manual lighting circuit diagram shows a headlight relay, but
doesn't tell me where it is located.

I found a ralay named MAIN inder the bonnet in a nearside fusebox, but it's
not the main beam that has quit. There are other relays in the same fusebox
but none of thjem are labeleled 'healight'.

Can anyone tell if there is an offside low beam relay and where it is
located?

There is a box offside in the engine compartment with a few relays but it
doesn't say what they are. And they do not pull out easily. They are so
securely in place, I was afraid I'd break something if I forced them free.

There are a couple of relays hidden behind the facia under the steering
wheel.

Also, I was surprised to find no 'headlight relay' for a Nissan Tino being
offered on eBay.

Many thanks,

JD