Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Karl, Leon, others: Advice for hanging cabinets wanted.

On 12/2/2015 5:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
I have a kitchen cabinet job coming up, just installing not building.
I know how to hang cabinets and place base cabs, but it's always been
just a few at a time and I could take my time, previously. I also have
always worked alone.

So I'm looking for tips, pointers, advice, etc., for being more
efficient at the job, tools that work, tools that are a waste of
time/$$, techniques to use vs. techniques to avoid.

I'm entertaining the idea of hiring a helper, mainly for lifting and
holding in place. I'm also entertaining the idea of buying/building
some adjustable cabinet lifts to hold against the wall and steady for
attaching. I'd rather invest in tools than pay a helper, but my mind's
not made up yet.

I've seen techniques where cabinets are attached to each other, first on
the floor, then listed into place on the wall as an attached group. Does
this save time?

Go on, now... let 'er rip!

What Swingman said. ;~)