Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lithium jump-start packs (slightly OT)

In article ,
newshound wrote:
Wonder how many cycles of this it would survive? Was the engine cold or
hot? How long is the warranty?

Be nice to hear from someone who owns one.

Those were my thoughts exactly, which is why I posted. However I ordered
one yesterday so I will let you know. Instructions typically say run for
no more than 4 seconds with 30 second recovery time to cool down.

Be interesting to know how it works in practice.

I use Li-ion in one of those electronic cigarette thingie.
Single cell - element load is 2.1 ohms. The cell capacity is given as 2200
mA.hr, and it easily lasts a day, but gets recharged each night. Using a
charger which takes about 4 hours and switches off when charged.

They last about 3 months before the performance starts to deteriorate.
Pretty useless after about 150 cycles.

So what I'm basically saying is this type of battery doesn't like heavy
loads. And the heavier the load, the shorter it lives.

--
*Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.