Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Lithium jump-start packs (slightly OT)

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote:
newshound wrote

Anyone got any experience with them, or can recommend one?
Only for a 1.3 petrol engine plus general use as a mobile supply.

I did see the video someone posted, in here from memory.

Amazing what it would start car engine wise given how small it was.

Not that much bigger than a fat pack of cigarettes from memory.

My guess is it will only work where the car
battery is only slightly too low to start the car.

Guess again. I've forgotten the detail now, but one
of the tests was in a situation MUCH worse than that.

Unfortunately the groups.google search is too lousy
to be able to find the original footage easily.

http://www.google.com/search?q=jump+...r+lion&tbm=vid

Willing to bet it wouldn't work with
no car battery in place, or totally flat.

You've just lost that bet.

So rather like most jump start packs.

Nothing like in fact.