Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.broadcast
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Radio equipment

Jim Lesurf wrote:

If you're happy with what you
have, why change? (That is meant as a real question: e.g. do you think
there are other non-FM stations you might like well enough to buy new kit
before you know?)

The advantage of using your own computer is you can update the software,
etc, to keep in step with developments.

I suppose I was imagining the impossible - being able to summon
up whatever source I wanted, from wherever I was, but with
minimum technology, which clearly isn't going to happen.

Looks like my existing setup will do the trick for a good while
yet.

J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

Yes. Needs to be backed up - in the cloud, on another drive, or on
optical media.

No problem - I have an Office 365 subscription, which comes with
far more storage than I will fill. It took a while to get the
initial data uploaded, but updates are much more manageable.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.