Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Junk : Legitimate Phone Calls - Your Ratio ?

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 15:04:04 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Since the DNC lists became moot a couple of years ago, our junk calls

What do you mean moot? The list is as good as it ever was.

have increased dramatically - and, so far, I've been too cheap to spring
for CallerID and Simultaneous Ring in order to use NoMoRobo...

I have copper and IIRC nomorobo required FIOS to work, or something
like that. I don't have caller-id either.

Last week, I did a count of one day's calls and wound up with five junk
calls to one legitimate call.

Is anybody keeping track ?

Not in detail.

If so, what's your ratio ?

I get maybe one junk call a day. I always answer the phone if I"m
here, and I hang up when I see it's junk. If they're raising money
for the volunteer fire department, I say Good Luck and Goodbye.

I used to loads of calls from cardholder services, some sort of scam.

I rerecorded my outgoing message so that it plays ooo-eee-ooo before
my message. The web says that spammers are wise to this and ignore
it now , but you remind me that they never call anymore. Maybe it's
just normal rotation and they'll be back.