Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT - Stormy uses the N word on a black man RACIST!!! RACIST!!!

On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 8:09:43 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 6:02:47 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 4:32:48 AM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
On 11/30/2015 12:10 AM, Mike Duffy wrote:
On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 21:04:54 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

He says "Can I get your phone number, area code first?"

Just make up a number in the 911 area code. Sometimes they don't notice.

That's awesome!

I always give them the office number of a senator or congresscritter.
I figure if Senator Pocketstuffer gets enough junk calls, maybe (s)he will do something about these abusive practices.

I just say "No, thank you" and the transaction proceeds. No abuse, no spam calls. No store is
going to prevent you from purchasing your items if you don't give them a phone number. If they
ever tried that, I'd leave the items on the counter and walk.

A lot of times the poor drone running the register is following orders and probably gets yelled at for not getting the information so I just give them fake information and they're a happy little drone.

....snip...

I seriously doubt that they get in any type of trouble if the customer
simply says "No". We don't have to be as rude as Stormy, we can be polite
and say "No, thank you." (I know the "Thank you" doesn't really fit, but
it adds a modicum of politeness.)

Whenever I do that, the person at the register...err...I mean...terminal
always taps some button which I assume is something like "Customer
Declined". That should indicate to management that the question was asked
and answered.

It's faster and more honest to simply say "No, Thank You" than to give a
false number. More importantly, it tells them exactly where I stand on
the matter. If you want to call anyone a drone, it should be those people
who think that they have to supply a phone number in order to proceed with
the transaction. If we *all* said "No, thank you" perhaps the practice
of asking would cease.

As ridiculous as that may sound, think about the "Do Not Call" list. While
there are certainly abuses within that system, there was a time when it
didn't exist. Eventually, enough people complained and the system was
put into place. I'll continue to do my part and wait for everyone else
to realize that you can "Just Say No".