Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Radio equipment

In message ,
writes
On Saturday, 28 November 2015 15:41:56 UTC, Chris J Dixon wrote:
My hi-fi system dates way back, and is built of separates (1). It
includes an FM tuner, and by means of an additional selector can
take inputs from TV (2) or computer. There are speakers in all
three downstairs rooms.

Much of the time I am listening live to R4 or R2, otherwise
downloaded podcasts or my own music collection, all of which has
been copied to MP3. R6 music (via TV) only on Sunday morning for
Cerys.

I am wondering if it is time to replace or add to the radio
tuner, with something that will also cope with DAB, maybe even
internet radio. Is this worthwhile, or more bother than it is
worth? Are things changing so fast that anything I buy would risk
being obsolete, or of little use, in a short time.

(1) Though in truth record deck and tape player are pretty much
retired now.

(2) Freeview plus Roku 3

Chris

Connect it to a computer & you've got it all. DAB I don't see the point of.

Depends if you want to listen to any of the stations that are on DAB,
and when and where you want to listen.. I quite often listen to R4 extra
or Radio 6 Music, eldest likes to listen to music stations Yes I can
stream them, but it is convenient to just press a button.

using a computer works, but always seems a slight faff (we have one
attached to the TV). What has been a useful recent addition here is a
Chromecast Audio. It's easy and convenient to grab a phone or tablet and
stream Internet radio, spotify, iplayer radio etc.

Chris French