Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_4_] Muggles[_4_] is offline

Default I'm thankful for (since it's nearly thanksgiving)

On 11/26/2015 4:12 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/25/2015 6:30 PM, Muggles wrote:
In keeping with the thread title I'd like to say some things I'm
thankful for aside from the usual family, & friends.

This year I get to go have thanksgiving dinner with my family. Last
year I was very sick and couldn't attend. I was doing good to just sit
up in a chair. This year I'm just happy I am stronger than I was, and
more excited that I ever thought I could be about having a turkey dinner.

This year I got to buy a live tabletop Frazer Fir tree for my Christmas
tree. I've always wanted a fir tree like that! I saw them at Lowe's
the other day and didn't buy one. Yesterday, I went back and there was
one left waiting for me to snatch it up. It's a small thing to be
thankful for, but it's like having a little wish granted that I always
thought was too silly to say it out loud.

Thanks for keeping with the thread. I'm encouraged you
got your tree, that you wanted.

I'm just home from thanksgiving dinner with some
friends. They have some two rough and tumble boys
who are about 3 and 5 years old. I gave them each
some scraps of styrofoam board that I had from my
insullation project. Set them up for sword fighting,
and left after they both took turns whacking their
father in the knees and legs.

I've got some left over styrofoam like that. Wonder if it'd make good
Christmas presents? LOL

After they have built some shoulder strength, we
can graduate to kittens, and then baby seals.

--
Maggie