Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Plug in timer "not suitable for washing machines"?!

Well most machines these days seem to use their own delay timers and need to
be powered to keep the machine in the mode you set it to on the menu. If its
an old mechanical one then I'd have no issues, but of course with cold fill
the heater is often quite a high current.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
I have a digital plug in timer which says on the back, "Not suitable for
dishwashers and washing machines". The only reason I can think of is the
inductance of the motor. But it's rated at 3.2kW, and it uses a relay (I
can hear it). So why?

--
While taking down the vitals for a soon-to-be mom, I asked how much she
weighed.