Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How long to recharge

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 14:21:37 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 17:06:39 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 11/26/2015 3:21 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 14:33:07 -0500, Micky
wrote:

A harder question since I don't know how much the starter motor on a
50cc scooter draws:

Wouldn't a clamp amp meter tell you the amp draw?

Clamp on meters (of the kind we can afford)
only read AC. To read DC, needs to be inline.

It may be easier to find the rated reserve
capacity of the battery, and make SWAG from
there.

I'm no expert. I used a clamp meter of some type on a truck starter
cable back in the last century, clamped over the positive starter
cable. IIRC it told me something about a starter, a starter that had a
"drag" and increased amps due to -- in those days were bad bushings
and the armature was binding, I forget the details. The armature in
the starter was sticking and drawing high amps.

'Course I lived in the swamps, though. Can't say what Yankees did in
New Yawk.

To a foreigner, a Yankee is an American.
To an American, a Yankee is a northerner.
To a northerner, a Yankee is someone from New England.
To someone from New England a Yankee is someone from Maine.
And to someone from Maine, a Yankee is someone who eats apple pie for
breakfast.

Or blueberry.